Clothes are not always just a piece of garment. They often hold significance in culture, race, ethnicity and religion. An Abaya is one such traditional garment. An Abaya is essentially a long, loose-fitting outer garment that typically covers the whole body. They are traditionally black and are worn by some Muslim women in public. These days, you can find them in different shapes, lengths, fabrics, and colours to suit your every need.
A long, loose robe-like garment
It is a long, loose robe-like garment covering the body from head to foot. It can be worn with or without a hijab (headscarf).
- The word comes from the Arabic word (“overgarment”).
- Historically, it has been used as an undergarment for men and an outer garment for women in Saudi Arabia.
- It has become popular among Muslim men and women in Australia because it covers them up while allowing them to still wear the styles they love, such as skirts, pants and tunics!
- With so many different styles and colours available in different cities of Australia, you can now have your own unique look by choosing your favourite colour combination or style preference (long sleeve vs short sleeve) according to your taste!
Great for Eid, Ramadan and daily wear
This can be worn with or without a hijab. It is an excellent choice for the Eid holiday, Ramadan, and daily and evening wear. It can be paired with a hijab (headscarf) or without one, which makes it ideal for anyone who is looking for versatile clothing options that are easy to accessorise.
They are perfect for wearing to work or school because they cover your body entirely up to your ankles! They also come in different styles that allow you to choose from traditional designs like kaftans or maxi dresses, as well as more modern styles such as blouses with sleeves that button up at the back of the neckline instead of being zipped up fully closed down on both sides like most other types of shirts.
They not only look elegant but also help keep cool during those hotter days, especially when paired with lightweight fabrics such as linen, which naturally absorb moisture better than cotton, so long story short?
Perfect for any body shape and skin tone
It is a versatile garment that almost anyone can wear. You can get it to suit your body shape, skin tone, style, budget and religion.
When looking for an Abaya, there are many factors to consider: the fabric from which it is made, whether it has a collar or sleeves (or both) and its length. The more you know about these details, the easier it will be for you to find an abaya that fits perfectly into your wardrobe.
You can get a lot of styling and colour options for your next purchase
- You can get a lot of styling and colour options for your next purchase
- You can wear it in a lot of different styles.
- You can wear it in a lot of different colours.
- You can wear it with a lot of different accessories.
There are several sellers in Australia for Abayas online and on traditional marketplaces. You can get many options, and making a decision can be easier. You can also discuss this with your stylist and sellers, who can offer you various alternatives to suit your personality.
With all that said, we hope you’ve found this article helpful and informative.